Random

 bits of plastic

When I first picked up the Trophy, way back in February 2020, the lower fairings had been removed at some point.

Trophy on the day I picked her up

Everything else was still attached as it should have been - except I had these three bits of random plastic, one of which I’m convinced does not belong on the Trophy. 




The other two do. I’ve seen them described as valve covers but have no idea where or how they fit to the bike, other than it’s under the tank somewhere. It took some time to figure it out and looking at the diagram in the workshop manual and the not so trusty Haynes manual offered no solution. 

Once I did figure it out, it was obvious, they sit above the valve cover and attach to the frame.

Plastic valve cover in place on the left side. 
The right side is the same but opposite , as expected.

Mystery solved, at least for the valve covers. Mystery piece of plastic No.3 is still a mystery.

 

Comments