A short update

January has been interesting, yet another lockdown, heavy rain, wind and as I write, snow on the ground. 

You may think I've stayed in, out of the weather, doing whatever I do when not at the computer - truth is when I'm not at my computer, I'm working at someone else's computer. But I have had some time out.

Tallulah

I managed my first run for VRUK earlier in January but sadly not on Tallulah. The evening before my run, I went into the man cave to check the tyres, lights and chain, only to find one of the rear wheel bearings had gone. A quick search on line and replacements were ordered.

two days later and they arrived courtesay of Wemoto and an hours work in the garage saw them fitted and the wheel back in the bike. 

To be honest, the most difficult bit was putting the wheel back in.

Tabitha

We're almost there, I can see light, although the tunnel is still quite long. Just not as long as it was. I have new brake pads to fit, a can of brake fluid, ordered from sportsbikeshop and earlier this week, I received an email from Bikespeed with a good deal on some tyres.  They're Pirelli Angel STs and although not the most recent offering from Pirelli, I had the very same tyres on my Blackbird. So, new tyres on the way, leaving the wheels to sort out.

I'm still wavering between having them sprayed or powder coated and stil haven't made my mind up whether to have them silver, the original colour, or satin black. Either way, I need to get the old tyres taken off and the bearings removed. I was toying with the idea of buying a bearing puller but for the price ofa good one and the amount of use it's likely to get, I think it'll be cheaper to have a word with Ben at BJM and put a little more business his way.


Components of a home made chain oiler

Automatic oiler

I mentioned some time ago that I was going to have a crack at making an automatic chain oiler. I needed some aquarium air  tubing, a aquarium air tubing tap to control the flow of oil, a couple of connectors to attach to the electronic solenoid, which stops the flow when the ignition is switched off, the innards of an old Bic pen and the last component, a small plastic bottle that contained hair dye, generously donated by my better half.

All of this came to a little over £30. I've just got to decide which bike to test it out on, but I suspect Tallulah may get it as that's the bike I'm likely to use more.






Comments