My 15 minutes of fame

and it's all slowing down again

It’s out, the November issue of Practical Sportsbike and I’m in it, together with the Trophy. Yes, I’ve made it to the Resto SOS pages of this month’s magazine, Page 92 if you want to know. Given the condition of the Trophy, it was hardly going to make the cover was it?


Had a few hours to spare on Sunday, so have refitted the exhaust end cans, which I removed for easier access to the drag link, greased the drop links where they attach to the drag link and while the grease was out another little job that the PS guys identified while they were here a few weeks ago.

What I thought would be an easy job, re-greasing the headstock bearings turned out to be just that. Aided by the forks being missing and presumed at Dynasurf awaiting work, it was as simple as undoing the domed nut, undoing the two bearing adjusters and the bottom yoke just drops out. It is now liberally coated in fresh grease and the bearings adjusted. I will have to re-adjust them once the front end is back together but for now, it’s all good.


Tallulah

Meanwhile, on the other side of the garage lies Tallulah Tiger. fresh back from her MOT and in need of her annual service. I have oil in the garage and an oil filter on order. Not too difficult to do an oil change but the other thing that needs doing is the front brake callipers. the left one is still seizing up so I've also ordered a set of oil and dust seals. While I was browsing Sprint Manufacturing, I also ordered a new gear change rubber. The last time I rode her I noticed the existing rubber was hanging off & had split so, I might as well sort that out too.


After that, I need to get out more, I've only done just over 2350 miles since last October.


Comments