Fork it

 Lets get them sorted

The time has come now I’ve sold Tiger2.  Following a sucessful trip to the MOT station, I advertised her on a couple of Facebook selling sites. Admittedly, I was pushing it on the price as it was advertised for £995.00. I had a couple of snide remarks about the price and one offer of £750. I refused as I'd aput it on eBay and already had bids up to £800. It eventually went for £860 and I threy the spare engine in with the sale. It turns out the gearbox wasn't as good as it should have been, jumping out of 5th all the time. I was open about that and the advisory on the rear brake disc and it still sold, so I have some cash in the pot and can get a couple of the more expensive jobs done.

First up, I’ve been in contact with BJM Motorcycles in Baston and will be dropping the carbs off to Ben on Tuesday. I’ve removed the brakes and brake lines, ready for replacement and as the callipers have already been rebuilt, I just need to replace the brake lines and pads and they’re ready to go back on the bike.

I’ve also managed to free up the brake lever bolt but not without destroying it. I can get a replacement for around £9, so that’s no biggie but does add to the cost of the project.

I’ve been in touch with Dynasurf and confirmed that the forks can be re-chromed for £145 + £12 return postage, + whatever postage is to send the fork stanchions. I spent a couple of hours stripping them down, cleaning all the internals and documenting it all on video, so that when I get around to putting them back together again, I can see what I did pulling them apart. Dynasurf are operating on a 4-5 week turnaround. I’m not bothered as it’ll take far longer than that to do the other jobs highlighted by the Practical Sportsbike boys.





Tallulah

While am here, I've also booked Tallulah in for an MOT on Thursday 1st October. One of the front callipers was sticking a little, but it took me ledss than 1/2 hour to pull it off the bike, clean the pistons up, copper-slip the pad retaining pins and put everything back. Far less time than I expected.

Result!



Comments