Tiger Update

Less Tiger & more Trophy this month

Not done a lot this month with my Tiger so far other than use it for commuting a few times. 

The sheepskin seat is holding up well. I’m enjoying listening to ‘The Infinite Monkey Cage’ on my commutes having downloaded a few episodes on my Podcast app. I have to say, for a cheap Bluetooth comms system, it works well, being loud enough to hear even with earplugs in at 70mph.Occasionally, though, it can be a little difficult, especially if I’m riding into the wind, but while the BT headset is turned up to max. my phone isn’t.

I’ve even used it for a couple of calls although not while riding and not on purpose. If you hit the on/off button rather than press & hold (to switch it off), it’ll redial the last number, an easy thing to do when trying to switch it off with gloved hands.

The only other thing I’ve done is to replace one of the bolts holding the sump guard on. I noticed one was missing while scrabbling around on the floor to put a jack under it (I was checking the steering bearings). A quick visit to the local Triumph dealer with a list of part numbers & I picked up the new bolt, sleeve and rubber grommet the following week. I could have picked them up earlier, but I’ve been busy with the Trophy

I still haven’t fitted my new heated grips (Xmas pressie from my better half) or fog/auxiliary lights (Xmas pressie from me to my Tiger) yet, but I’m sure I’ll get round to both before the weather starts to improve.


Comments