Its Christmas

What is Santa bringing your baby

Yes, it's that time of the year where we mostly drink too much, spend too much, spend time with our #families and try to find an excuse to get out on the bike & I'm probably no exception.

So here I sit, on #Christmas eve, my other half is busy wrapping the last of the presents for the family & I'm staring out the window wondering whether I should take the Tiger out for a quick spin.

You see, the thing is, I ruptured the tendons in my right shoulder a short while ago & while I think I could probably ride a short distance, pumped up with pain killers, for once I'm not certain I want to. Mince pies & frothy coffee call, not to mention the odd visit from a spirit.

The #Tiger is tucked up in the garage under cover, trickle charger attached & fuel additive in the tank. I think maybe she should stay there at least until New year anyway.

S2S 2020

That's not to say I've done nothing bike related this month. There this Facebook group, #Bikers4Macmillan who are organising a charity ride S2S 2020 in June from Holyhead to Scunthorpe. The ride will take place on the shortest night of the year, the idea being to set off from Holyhead at sunset and hopefully arrive in Scunthorpe before sunrise the next morning. I have my name down to ride and I'm hoping I'll be ride fit in good time.

#Bluetooth #bikeintercom

I've also been spending money on myself. I got a good deal on a Bluetooth helmet intercom which I fitted yesterday. It's a T-COM VB, purchased from Amazon. It can link to both phone and SatNav at the same time as well as link to any other riders Bluetooth within an 800m radius. It also has a built in FM radio. I gave it a go yesterday, just the radio & link to phone bit & it seems to work well. However, I've yet to ride using it.

Will it be a distraction? Will I be able to hear anything with earplugs in?

Time will tell.

So, Until next year

A very happy Christmas & prosperous 2020

My christmas tree
Merry Christmas

Keep it shiny side up.


Comments