Baby

it's cold outside

I've heard that you can eat (shouldn't that be drink?) WD40.

It's not something I'll ever find out because I don't have it in my workshop. If I have sticky electrical switches, I use an electrical contact cleaner. If I have a door hinge or similar that needs oiling, I use Duck Oil. If I want to free up a stuck bolt or stud, that's what Plusgas is for.

I've even read that WD40 can be used for cleaning toilets. Would you want the fresh smell of WD40 every time you walk into tour bathroom?

Now we've got to December and the gritters are liberally spraying our roads with salt, I've decided it’s time to give my #Tiger a dose of ACF50. So, off comes the seat, out comes the oily rag and ACF50 and I set to work.

Now there's not just one way to do this. You can:

  •    spray the rag & wipe the surfaces of the bike down, including plastics
  •    spray the bodywork, frame, electricals with A CF50, then wipe the residue off with the rag
  •    if you have a compressor, get an old spray gun and give your bike a spray.

 I'm sure there are other ways of doing it and a quick look on YouTube brings up a host of videos to watch.

Anyway, into the garage I go, spraying the bike, but there's something wrong!

Being wheeled into the garage
ACF50, here I come

The spray is coming out all gloopy. A quick check of the temperature in the garage reveals it’s just over 4 degrees Celsius. An easy fix, while I'm spreading the gloop over the body of the bike, not forgetting the swing arm, I put the ACF50 can on the radiator to warm up a little.

10 minutes later and a nice fine mist comes out to cover under the tank & the electrics. Still had to wipe things over with a cloth but that's all part of getting good coverage.

One last WORD OF WARNING, make sure you don't spray near the wheels, tyres or brakes. I'd also steer clear of foot rests and the bar grips.


Comments