MOT time

My annual pilgrimmage to the MOT centre


Well, that's the MOT done for another year and no advisories.

I also found out that the gear lever is not adjusted correctly. Well, when I say not correctly, let me explain. I've been researching adventure bike riding on line & found a few good YouTube videos about how to set your adventure bike up for gravel/off road riding. I've got most of it right as far as handlebar positioning for riding standing up & sitting down. All the controls were fine too, except the gear lever. Armed with an Allen key, I reset the position for riding while standing up and to be fair, it's spot on - if I'm standing - but way off if I'm sitting down.

Now, most, if not all of my riding is going to be sitting down. So, it's out with the Allen key to reset it back to where it was to start with.

I've received the replacement chain & sprockets, which I'll fit at the weekend & also have on order a sheepskin seat pad and some new bulbs for the dash instruments. Currently I have a nice shade of green, which actually looks better than it sounds in the dark, you can't really see the colour during daylight. Sadly, it also makes it a little difficult to see at dusk, so I've ordered some Amber ones this time. If that doesn't work, it's back to white.

LED lights

I put two of the larger amber bulbs in but they were worse than the green ones. So, for now, it's back to green 

Sheepskin pad now fitted & a quick run (12 miles) seems to be an improvement on the standard seat alone.

Update on the Sheepskin

Took the bike to work today, a short 40-mile round trip & I think the sheepskin seat pad is a success. Aside from my right knee aching again, there were no other aches & no numb ass. I just need the opportunity to go for a more sustained & longer ride now.


Comments