Chain & Sprockets Pt. 2

Bugger!

M&P strike again. I used them once, more than 12 years ago. Purchased an air filter for my Blackbird over the phone. The nice man on the end of the phone asked what year it was and I told him it was registered in 1999 as it was a T plate but a 98 Carbie. They sent me the wrong filter & had the cheek to charge me return postage and a restock fee, which combined was about £1 less than I'd originally paid. I wrote a stiff letter of complaint, sticking to the facts, stating I expected a refund, but never received a reply. So, M&P blacklisted until now.

Fast forward to today when I went to fit my new chain from M&P and they sent me a 110-link chain, not a 114. I thought I'd risk using them again as I'd heard some positive feedback from a bike related forum. Shouldn't have bothered.

Chain held together with zip tie
Too short?

The chain is on its way back to M&P, according to the DPD site, it will be delivered by Derek between 11:10 and 12:10 today (17th). So, allow M&P to faff around I'm expecting the replacement chain to be delivered sometime next week. I'm not too bothered as I'm off to the final round of the BSB at Brands Hatch this weekend, so wouldn't be fitting the chain or using the bike anyway. I'm guessing (hoping) the chain will be sent out next Monday & It'll be delivered Wednesday or Thursday. Wednesday would be good as I'm not working Wednesday afternoon due to a medical appointment.

Auxiliary lights (#auxiliarylights)

On another note, I've been reading an article on the Adventure Bike Rider web site (www.adventurebikerider.com) an article by Andrew Dalton about auxiliary lights and whether they're a good thing or not.

Up until now, I've avoided them. I've seen them fitted to mostly BMW adventure bikes, I know some Tigers have them fitted and I've seen older 955i's with them, but not seriously considered them myself.

There appears to be mounting evidence that they help conspicuity, more so than just DRLs or headlights alone.

Here's the article in full.

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/auxiliary-motorcycle-lights/

So, as I have a little time today, I'm off sick with a cold (no, honest!) I think I'll do a little more research into effectiveness & cost.

Watch this space.

M&P Update

Phoned M&P on Friday and again today (28 October), same result as Friday, 'No it hasn't been sent out yet, it'll go this morning. As at 17.58 no e-mail to say it's on its way. Do I need to make yet another phone call?


Comments